Oh My! My special friend Karen (KrB’s Korner) tagged me and now I am supposed to tell you seven things about myself.
Mike said I should tell that —-
1- I am 5’8″ and weigh 120.
2-was born with a silver spoon in my mouth
3-I have no tattoos,
4- I was a pole vaulting champion
5-play a mean hand of poker
6- I am a blond, and can prove it –I own shoulder pads
7- I am not really good at telling jokes…
He said it and so I told you…..
But the Truth of the matter is this:
1. I have been married to Michael, the love of my life for 17 years. He has blessed me by sharing his children and grandchildren with me….a precious gift. I am living a dream that I never even dreamed of for which I thank God!
2. I taught Non Appropriated contracting and contract law for Dept of Army for Europe and word wide. This opportunity opened the world to me and me to it! My favorite job was Deputy for Desert Storm Family Support Operations at Headquarters, Department of the Army. It was a 24/7 job and I was a lead briefer for Government Seniors and major news media to include CNN. It was the very best way I could have picked to finish my career.
3. The swan is my personal logo….I always thought of myself as an ugly duckling until I went to Europe for the first time in 1983….I realized I WAS a swan. I was 35 and a late bloomer, and suddenly single lady that left for a 3 month trip and it took me 7 years to return home to the US.
4. I had NEVER been to any kind of “home” party before signing up with SU and had NO idea of what that mean, not the how or the whys…I was dumbfounded when I found out what I had done! I had to be assigned an up line–”what, in the dickens was that?” All I wanted to do was teach techniques, etc in my own studio, the Atelier. I see stamping as a way for anyone to become an artist extrandoinaire…having great images in hand helps! Flourishes is my dream come true!
5. I am the oldest of eight children. I have 5 sisters and 2 brothers. We were all born and raised in Houma, La. I attended Catholic schools from kindergarten thru 12th grade. I am a graduate of Nicholls State University, also known as “Harvard on the bayou”.
6. I lived in Germany for a total of 9 plus years. I have traveled throughout all of the countries of Europe, been to Russia and China. Can shop in many languages! Seen and done things I never even dreamed about!
7. Some of my fairytale life have included having lunch with Shirley Temple Black in the American embassy in Prague, after having done some work for the embassy; sitting in the British Royal box for a command performance. I watched and lived through the changes that took place in many of the countries and cities of Europe. I taught from Einstein’s personal podium at his think tank in the Harnick House in Berlin, East German, just before the wall came down.
Well now you know more than you ever wanted to about me LOL Thank you for taking your time to visit with me today in the Atelier.
OH I almost I have to tag others so, please step and tell us about yourself:
NancyK, Seaside Creativity- Flourish 2
SharonD, Sewflake Creations, Flourish 3–without these 2 ladies Flourishes would not be complete.
Becca , Amazing Paper Grace, a wonderfully talented lady and is a real inspiration
Faith, Stampin With Markie’s Mom, a funny, creative and unsinkable Molly Brown of stampers!
Visit them and leave a comment please.